Browse Items (7 total)
The Humanities and Social Sciences building (Bellamy Hall) was built to replace the south wing of Campbell Hall, which was destroyed in the 1962 Columbus Day Storm. Atop the building is the Carillon, a gift from the Oregon College of Education Alumni Association in 1965. The Carillon sits approximately in the same location where the Campbell Hall Bell Tower once stood.
The image is of Bellamy Hall. Trees frame the photograph and students can be seen walking in front of the building. The Carillon is on top of the building in the middle right of the photograph.
Interior view of the Assembly Hall inside of Campbell Hall with four rows of chairs facing the small stage. On the stage is a large statue is on the right side, a lectern in the center and a piano on the ground in the front. Several class gifts are hung on the walls include portraits of T.F Campbell and P.L. Campbell, Washington crossing the Delaware plaster frieze, and the Botticelli reproduction.
Photo courtesy of the Western Oregon University Archives
Plaque found inside a tree during the clean up after the Columbus Day Storm. The plaque was adhered to the maple tree which was the class gift of 1904. The tree grew around the plaque and lost until rediscovered while cutting up the fallen tree.
Physical Plant workers carefully cut into a maple tree that fell during the Columbus Day Storm. The plaque was adhered to the maple tree which was the class gift of 1904. The tree grew around the plaque and lost until rediscovered while cutting up the fallen tree.
Close up shot of the plaque that stands at the base of the Sequoia Tree. The plaque reads, "Sequoia Gigantea
planted by the class of 1887
1887-1967 (small image of Campbell Hall with the Sequioa)
J.A. Buhaanan, Ira F. Powell, Sarah E. Cavitt, L. B. Reeder, Alwilda F. Dunn, Viola Ruble, Belle Ebbert, William Sellers, H.C. Harris, Annie Stevene, Kate Krees, Mary Stevens, Leroy, Lewis, Ida Wade, B.F. Mulkey, Minnie Wade
Plaque presented in 1967 by the sons of William T. Sellers; William, Amos, Bernard, Dean, Charles"
Old ACC.RG.2012.601 Photographs/Buildings: Sequoia
The 1888 graduating class of Oregon State Normal School standing in front of Campbell Hall. Of note is the small tree on the left, the class gift of 1887, which is now the Giant Sequoia in front of Campbell Hall.
This plaster frieze of Washington crossing the Delaware River was gifted to the school by the graduating class of 1909. It hung in the reference area of the former library (now Academic Programs) until 2000 when the library moved to the Hamersly building and the frieze was placed in storage in the University Archives.