Reverend John E. Murphy Memorial

Item

murphy_plq2.jpg

Title

Reverend John E. Murphy Memorial

Description

Reverend John E. Murphy was the first minister of the Monmouth Christian Church. He was a founder of the university and collected money for the college as he rode from county to county as a circuit rider. He donated ten plots of land to the school in its beginning. The plaque is located in the triangle of trees formed by the tennis courts, Old Physical Education, and Bellamy Hall.

Rights

Copyright Not Evaluated
https://rightsstatements.org/page/CNE/1.0/

Type

Image; StillImage

Coverage

United States--Oregon--Polk County--Monmouth

Physical Dimensions

Digital photograph as a jpg image (96 dpi, pixel dimensions- width: 400, height: 301)

Citation

“Reverend John E. Murphy Memorial,” Omeka @ WOU, accessed September 27, 2021, https://omeka.wou.edu/document/1752.