The New Grove Plaque

Item

grove-1976-sign.jpg

Title

The New Grove Plaque

Description

The dedication plaque is located at the southeast corner of the new grove, bounded by Ackerman Hall to the north and McArthur field on the south, the New Physical Education Center to the west and the Werner University Center to the east. The plaque details the history of the grove, both old and new. The grove began in 1867 and was located south of Campbell Hall. Most of the trees were destroyed in the 1962 Columbus Day Storm. South of Bellamy Hall a few trees, the last of the original grove, remain. Beginning on the tenth anniversary of the storm, Alumni, friends of the college, students, faculty, and college staff began the new grove in the location it is today.

Date

19760704

Rights

Copyright Not Evaluated
https://rightsstatements.org/page/CNE/1.0/

Type

Image; StillImage

Coverage

United States--Oregon--Polk County--Monmouth

Physical Dimensions

Digital photograph as a jpg image (96 dpi, pixel dimensions- width: 300, height: 383)

Citation

“The New Grove Plaque,” Omeka @ WOU, accessed September 23, 2021, https://omeka.wou.edu/document/1760.