Eola Rural Center
The one-room Eola School was northeast of Oak Point and Greenwood schools, in the hills above the Willamette River. Eola School was part of the Rural Training Program from 1921 to 1927. This center was a residential placement for Oregon Normal School students. The building in this picture served the community until 1937, and was the oldest schoolhouse still in use in Oregon. This building was replaced with a then-modern building in 1938.
The first school was built in 1853. Miss Abigail J. Scott, best known as the suffragist Abigail Scott Duniway, was the first teacher. The original school burned down and was replaced by a second school in 1858.