Fairplay Rural Center

Fairplay Rural Center

Fairplay Rural Center

Fairplay School was located between Corvallis and Albany on Highway 20. The first school, a one-room, white frame building, was constructed in 1913, but burned down after several years. A second school of the same design replaced it. Fairplay School was part of the Rural Training Program from 1925-1930. This center was a residential placement for Oregon Normal School students. A three-room building replaced the original building in 1948, and with further additions, is the site of the current Corvallis Waldorf School. For more information about the Corvallis Waldorf School visit, http://www.corvalliswaldorfschool.org/.