Falls City School
Falls City School was part of the Rural Training Program for only three years, 1925-1928. This center was a residential placement for Oregon Normal School students. With numerous renovations and upgrades since the 1920s, the school building is still in use today.
Falls City originated as a lumber-town and once supported three lumber mills. Unlike Valsetz, the town was not owned by the timber industry so when the mills were shut down, Falls City’s closer proximity to Dallas, Monmouth and Salem allowed it to become a commuter town for employment.