Mountain View Rural Center
Mountain View school was located five miles north of Corvallis, near the Lewisburg crossroads on Hwy 22. This multi-room schoolhouse was part of the Rural Training Program from 1917 to 1927. This center was a residential placement for Oregon Normal School students. This building no longer exists, and was the second of three buildings. The first building was one of Benton County’s first schools opening in 1848 and was also the location of Benton County’s government in 1850. It is unclear how many school buildings were on this same site, however the current Mountain View School building was opened in 1957.