Valsetz School was located in the now-extinct lumber mill town of Valsetz, fifteen miles west of Falls City in the Coast Mountain Range. The town of Valsetz was founded in 1920 and the School included in the Rural Training Program in 1925 through 1932. This center was a residential placement for Oregon Normal School students.
As the Lumber Industry died out, so did the town. By 1932 attendance was so low at Valsetz School that there were not enough students for practice teaching. Old timber was depleted by the 1970s and the town was removed and the property added to the Valsetz Tree Farm in 1984.