A small one story wooden house stands on a plot of land with a person leaning against it. The Monmouth University minutes from the Board of Trustees on March 10, 1855 voted to build a framed schoolhouse 20 x 30 feet, 10 feet between joist. This building was to be used by the school district until a suitable 'seminary' could be erected.
Photo courtesy of the Oregon Historical Society.
The Church of Christ with a telephone pole on the left in the foreground. Built in 1877, it stood on the corner of North Monmouth Ave and Church St. until it was moved to South Monmouth Ave and Clay St. to make room for the Todd Hall dormitory.
Old ACC.RG.2012.604: Item 19