Nine-foot tall aluminum statue.
This sculpture was donated by Dr. Anton Postl (WOU Professor Emeritus), the Western Foundation, the Monmouth-Independence Community Arts Association, and the Oregon Arts Commission. It is located in the garden along the east side of the Natural Science building.
This large block of granite is a relic of the glacial period from three million years ago. Many of these erratics were ice-rafted down the Columbia River from floods caused by the break of a glacial dam in Idaho about ten thousand years ago. In 1905, the rock was moved from the west to the campus by wagon. Now the rock is located in the northeast corner of the garden in front of the Natural Science building.
Photograph shows the snow covered bridge located in front of the Natural Science Building. Three people walk across the bridge towards the sidewalk on Monmouth Ave. On one side of the bridge is a small tree covered in snow, and in the background is the Administration Building.